ASPARAGUS IN WARM STRAWBERRY VINAIGRETTE WITH SQUID
- 250g strawberries
- 16 spears of white asparagus
- 8 small fresh squid, cleaned and cut crossways into 2 cm rings
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Salt, cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp. walnut oil
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Clarified butter
- Zest and juice of 1/2 an orange
- Peel the asparagus spears and cut off the ends. Make a stock using the ends and peel, 800 ml water, 5g salt and 5g sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer uncovered for no more than 15 minutes. Pass the stock through a sieve and set aside.
- Using a handheld blender, blend the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. sugar, a pinch of salt and cayenne pepper, then pass the mixture through a sieve. Make a vinaigrette using the strawberry coulis and walnut and olive oils and season to taste with salt, cayenne pepper and sugar. Set aside.
- Bring the asparagus stock to a boil and cook the spears for 8 minutes. Remove the spears, place them in a flat dish and pour over the vinaigrette. Cover with aluminium foil and allow to marinate for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat a little clarified butter in a pan, dry the squid rings with kitchen paper and place them in the hot pan. Fry them for a maximum of 1 minute (do not exceed this time!). Deglaze the pan with the orange juice and zest and season with salt, cayenne pepper and parsley.
- On each plate place 4 spears, drizzle over some of the marinade and lay the squid alongside. Serve with white bread.