- 400g beef sirloin
- 2 small pickled cucumbers or cornichons
- 2 tbsp. small Sicilian salted capers, rinsed
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 1 tsp. rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp. crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp. trout caviar
- Zest and juice of half a lemon
- Salt, pepper, cayenne pepper
- Cress to garnish
- Season the crème fraîche with the lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper. Using your sharpest knife, prepare the sirloin by removing all sinew. Cut into wafer thin slices and finely dice the slices. Then chop finely with a cleaver.
- Mix the pickled cucumbers (or cornichons), Sicilian capers, shallot and rapeseed oil with the beef. Season the tartare with mustard, tomato ketchup, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and sweet paprika. For each person, push some tartar into a metal ring, spread a thin layer of crème fraîche over the surface and dot some of the caviar on top.
- Place the entire assembly on a small plate, remove the ring, garnish with cress and serve with toasted multigrain bread.