ALLGAEUER EMMENTALER CHEESE SOUFFLÉ
- 150 g Allgaeuer Emmentaler cheese, grated
- 40g flour
- 300 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 40g butter
- Butter for the moulds
- Salt, chilli or cayenne pepper, nutmeg
- Mix together the durum wheat flour, the 00 flour, the egg, 1 egg yolk, a pinch of salt and 1 tab. olive oil, and knead to form a dough. The dough should be firm and not too dry – use either more flour or the egg white and water mix to adjust accordingly. When the dough is no longer sticking to your hands, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes and ideally 1 hour.
- Peel the white asparagus and cut off the bottom ends. To a pan of water add salt, sugar and the lemon peel and bring to the boil. Add the asparagus spears, cover and leave to simmer until the asparagus are done to your liking. For the green asparagus, cook them in salted water until just done. Drain the asparagus and cut into thin slices. Mix with the Allgaeuer Bergkaese cheese, the cream cheese, the second egg yolk, salt, pepper and orange zest and season to taste.
- Using a rolling pin on a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly to form strips. On the bottom third of each strip, place teaspoonful of the asparagus and cheese mixture about 5-8 cm apart. Brush the lower third of the dough with the remaining egg white. Then fold the upper half of the dough strip over the filling, press down firmly on each side of the mound and use a glass to cut out ravioli. Squeeze out any trapped air with your fingers. Cook the ravioli in plenty of boiling salted water (10g salt per litre) for about 2 min. until al dente.
- Brush, wash and dry the morels and halve them if necessary. Heat some butter in a pan, add the diced shallot and allow it to take on some colour. Add the morels and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Remove the morels and deglaze the pan with the chicken stock. Reduce by half, season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice and pass through a fine sieve. Return the sauce to the pan and bring back to the boil. Add 50g butter and emulsify with a stick blender. Return the morels to the pan and heat through, but don't cook them any further. Arrange the ravioli, asparagus spears and morels on a plate, pour over the morel sauce and sprinkle with herbs.