ALLGAEUER BERGKAESE PANCAKES WITH SPRING FLOWER SALAD
FOR THE DIP
- 40g whole peeled almonds
- 1/2 garlic clove (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 bunches of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. stock
- 2 tbsp. cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp. coarse-grained mustard
- 150g yoghurt
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 1 shallot
- 100 ml cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- 3 tsp. white wine
- 3 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dandelion syrup (or elderflower cordial)
- 150g mixed-leaf and edible spring flower salad (e.g. pansies, dandelions, purslane, chervil, watercress, chard)
- 120g Allgaeuer Bergkaese cheese
- 3 eggs
- Toast the almonds in a dry pan. Add the garlic. Stir once and remove from pan. Pluck the parsley and blend to a fine puree in a blender with the almonds, garlic, salt, pepper, stock and oil. Add mustard to taste.
- Peel the shallot, chop into small dice and braise for a couple of minutes with 1 tsp. oil and a good pinch of salt. Deglaze with white wine and reduce until it reaches a syrup-like consistency. Add the white wine vinegar, dandelion syrup (or elderflower cordial) and 60 ml rapeseed oil and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Wash the lettuce and spin dry.
- Finely grate the Allgaeuer Bergkaese cheese and whisk with the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat the remaining oil in two large non-stick pans. Using a tablespoon, drop small spoonful of the batter into the pan and fry each one for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Toss the herb salad with the shallot sauce and pile onto the cheese pancakes. Stir the yoghurt until creamy and add a blob on each plate. Put a teaspoon of the parsley sauce in the middle and use a fork to create a marbled effect.